Today I did labs with my entire group. 3 were the communicators, 2 were the robotix experts, 1 was the parachute designer, 1 was the balloon lift off designer, and 1 was the parachuter. I was supposed to design the amount of weight needed to drop on a see-saw to launch an object parallel to the ground 15 feet. This experiment ultimately relates to Newton's 3rd Law because the action was the dropping of a 575 gram bag of popcorn kernels on a see-saw, the reaction was the see-saw changing weights (side with popcorn kernels going down), and the other reaction was the 6 gram eraser launching a certain distance (in my case, 15 ft.).
This didn't work too well because I needed help with my lab to measure height, distance and weight so it was really a 2 person job. I decided that Kathryn and I will work together on our projects, one day doing hers and one day doing mine. So I briefly experimented with a double parachute dropping off the stairs. (We will decide how to alternate blogging: I think on days we do parachute, we will both blog about that and on days we do launching from the earth, we will both blog on that).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment