Wednesday, October 3, 2007
MOVING TO THE MOON
So today I am moving to the moon and going diving. And I have to figure out what the differences are between diving on the earth and diving on the moon (the earth as 9.8m/s^2 and the moon has 1.6m/s^2 of acceleration due to gravity). I think the obvious one would be that when I jumped off the diving board, I wouldn't be pulled down as quickly because there is less acceleration due to gravity. Also, I think there is less friction in the air on the moon so at the same time, I would be pulled down faster because there is less friction pushing back on me. Another way it would be different to dive on the moon is when I get into the water, I would come up out of the water faster and become more buoyant because there isn't as much gravity pushing me down. Also when I dive of the board I could jump higher in the air, and it would be slower to fall back sown so I would have a lot of time to o somersaults in the air.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice thorough response, but a little typo. I think you mean you would be more buoyant because gravity isn't pulling you DOWN as much...but I get what you're thinking. And good observation about the lack of air resistance!
Post a Comment