Today I did lab 2 with my partners and or goal was to command a lego robot car on RoboLab so it would travel on a certain path around the surface of Mars (a piece of red cardboard). This challenge was a lot of estimating because we had to know for how long the car should travel in one direction to a boulder (brown lego) and at what strength the motors should be running.
First I programmed motors A and B to run at 3 power for 10 seconds (which ended up going about .5 meters). Then I commanded Motor B only to go so he whole car would turn left (5 power for 2 seconds gave it a full circle). Then I continued with both motors and the car went up on the built ramp, dumbing he boulder (brown lego) off of it.
Relation to Newton's 3rd law:
I don't quite know how this can relate to Newton's 3rd law. The only way I can think of was as the car rolled two things happen. The ground pushed up just as hard on the car as he car pushed down on it so it caused some friction which made us change our commands to go for a little longer. Also as the car moved forward, and equal force of air pushed back on it so we had to set the motor at a somewhat higher gear and have the car travel a little farther than what it would if here was no friction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment