I wasn't here for any of the prep time, and the very day I came back we did the mini-culmination. My job was to launch a lego piece horizontally off of a see-saw 15 ft. so it would land perfectly in a basket on top of a lego robot car. From what I saw, which wasn't much, Kathryn, Clara, and I were isolated in the lab, I though our group did pretty well. On the test-run, before the actual culmination, I got the lego piece in the basket. But when I actually had to launch a lego piece, I dropped the bag of popcorn, and it cracked the launch in half. And by the time I got the other launch to set up, we ran out of time.
I had been working on this project while I was away, and I had the launch see-saw set completely horizontal with books at one end to prop it up. I dropped a 575 g. bag of popcorn kernels onto the other end from 6.9 feet up, close to the ceiling height.
The second time we did the mini-culmination, I was gone again!! Getting braces on this time. Of all days! But Kathryn did my launch for me, it didn't break, and she said the lego piece bounced in the basket and back out several times! But she said overall, our group did very well. I hope next culmination, I will be there for the prep time as well as the actual culmination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment